At Renuva Xtremity in Memphis, we offer a variety of foot and ankle services that can help you with your biggest concerns. If you have a nail disorder or deformity, we offer a treatment that can help!
KeryFlex Nail Restoration is a painless, in-office application that restores the appearance of an individual’s natural nails. This system allows for a certified provider to remodel an individual’s damaged nails that were affected by fungus, defects, and trauma. The composite resin creates a flexible, but durable, non-porous nail that allows the remaining natural nail to grow. The KeryFlex nail is an immediate cosmetic improvement providing a natural-looking nail. It is unaffected by acetone, nail polishes, or detergents.
KeryFlex Nail Restoration should not be used on individuals with peripheral vascular disease, arterial insufficiency, peripheral neuropathy, suspicious pigmented lesions on the nail, or ingrown toenails. It should be avoided in patients who are pregnant, nursing, or known to be sensitive or allergic to any of its ingredients.
Why the KeryFlex™ Nail Restoration System?
- Few options for patients with nail disorders (e.g., onychomycosis, diabetes, infections, ingrown nails, psoriasis, onychogryphosis, beau’s lines, koilonychia, and chronic polyarthritis)
- Repeat visits for care because appearance of nails is important to patients
- Greater risk of nail-skin infections via nail salon pedicures for their unsightly nails
- As shown, the KeryFlex™ System can be used to address these unmet needs
- Current oral antifungal therapy is expensive and often not a viable option for many patients
Benefits of Keryflex™ System:
- Doesn’t irritate the skin
- Only sticks to the callous cells of the nail or the papillary roots
- Will not bond to skin, allowing a natural edge to be fabricated
- Allows patients to use antimicrobial solutions to treat fungal infection
- Provides for cosmetically pleasing nails during oral antifungal therapy
- KeryFlex™ nail is durable, flexible, and moves with the foot
Composite patented resin gel
- Insoluble to water
- Seals prepared nail bed
- Available in three colors: pastel, clear, and natural
- Responsive to a specific wavelength of ultraviolet light
How Does KeryFlex Work?
- The nail bed is prepared with debridement of the nail
- KeryFlex Bond is brushed onto the nail plate and nail bed
- KeryFlex Resin builds up the nail and allows sculpting and contouring of the nail
- KeryFlex Seal is applied after the modeling process is completed
- Ultraviolet light hardens the substances within two minutes
If you have a nail problem or deformity, we can help! At Renuva Xtremity in Memphis, we offer KeryFlex as a solution for your biggest nail issues. Dr. Nathan Lucas, our podiatric surgeon, can help with a number of different foot and ankle problems as well! Be sure to contact us today to learn more about your foot or ankle pain and how we can help you!